- At least three years of work experience as a staff accountant.
Factors Vizcaya Will Consider When Evaluating Applicants and Determining Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Deep and current knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, communications, project management and fiscal management skills.
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and commitment to collaboration, customer service, strategy, and innovation.
- English fluency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software, preferably NetSuite.
- Additional relevant work experience, training, and education.
- Knowledge of non-profit and government accounting practices.
- Spanish, Haitian Creole and other language skills.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, retirement benefits, and robust medical and other insurance for full-time employees. Salary will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and skills. The anticipated compensation is approximately $60,200 for someone meeting the requirements of the position to approximately $66,000 for someone exceeding them. Work Environment/Physical Demands
The majority of work is done in an office setting, with some portion involving interaction with the public, community members, partners, donors, vendors, contractors, and other constituents on and off site. Vizcaya is a non-smoking environment. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Schedule
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position, typically Monday-Friday. Periodic evening and weekend work is required. To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to: HRVizcaya@vizcaya.org
. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and is engaged in a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board, and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal-opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.
Updated June 27,2023