· Master’s degree in Conservation, Historic Preservation, or related field.
· At least 7 years of work experience as an Architectural Conservator, including at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
· A deep and current knowledge of conservation theories, principles and practices.
· Considerable knowledge of the techniques, tools and equipment, and materials and current scientific processes used in practical conservation of objects and historic finishes.
· Ability to work in a variety of mediums.
· Ability to identify and assess preservation needs for a variety of objects, architectural features, and historic finishes.
· Ability to plan and manage conservation and maintenance projects.
· Ability to write accurate, clear, and concise proposals and reports detailing activities of said projects.
· Ability to clearly communicate with colleagues in Capital Projects and other departments, contractors, and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated leadership, teambuilding, communications, project management and financial management skills.
· Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and commitment to collaboration, customer service, strategy and innovation.
· English fluency.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Factors Vizcaya Will Consider When Evaluating Applicants and Determining Compensation
· Additional relevant work experience, training and education.
· Professional Associate status or better with the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works.
· Spanish, Haitian Creole and other language skills. Compensation
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, retirement benefits, and robust medical and other insurance for full-time employees. Salary will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and skills. The anticipated compensation is approximately $90,000 for someone meeting the requirements of the position to approximately $96,000for someone exceeding them. Work Environment/Physical Demands
The Conservator conducts both managerial and administrative in-office tasks as well as hands-on work both inside and outdoors. The job requires certain physical demands. Employee should possess the ability to lift 30 lbs., safely bend/crouch to lift and handle collection objects, climb a ladder and stand for potentially long periods of time. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time (40 hours per week, Monday-Friday), exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and we are at the beginning of a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law. To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:HRVizcaya@vizcaya.org
Updated February 8, 2023