Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark and accredited museum in Miami, Florida (www.vizcaya.org). The Advancement Associate assists with the execution of Advancement events, coordinates the activities of young professional supporters and works closely with members of the Advancement Team to complete various administrative tasks associated with department activities and initiatives. The position is on the Advancement Team and reports to the Director of Advancement Operations & Campaigns.
Vizcaya is owned by Miami-Dade County and is operated by the non-profit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Trust, Inc. Our mission is to preserve the estate’s cultural and environmental resources to engage people in connecting with the past, understanding the present and shaping the future. Our vision is to position Vizcaya as an enduring, inclusive, and innovative place that inspires people to embrace the cultural vitality and environmental sustainability of the world around us. Essential Functions
- Primary responsibility to assist Fundraising Event Director with the planning, logistics, seating, invoicing, acknowledgment, and execution of fundraising events (Annual Ball and Preservation Luncheon) as well as manage donor recognition and young professional events and activities.
- Manage auction and raffle solicitations for the Vizcaya Ball and Preservation Luncheon. Responsibilities include but are not limited to item procurement, bid sheets, management of auction website, auction setup and volunteer training.
- Support Fundraising Events Director with committee meeting preparation and committee management.
- Establish, launch, manage and develop a young professionals initiative at Vizcaya (currently not established), including engagement in meetings and programs.
- Perform other functions and duties to support Fundraising Events and Young Professionals Group and committees.
- Process purchase orders, payment requests and draft agreements; verify expenses are within allocated budget.
- Process all donations, grants, and event payments in Altru database and assist with acknowledgment letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain donor files and electronic records.
- Provide reports as needed.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Achieve meaningful and timely actions that advance Vizcaya’s mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Help to sustain and grow Vizcaya’s revenues and participate in pursuing funding opportunities.
- Proactively promote communication, collaboration, and customer service.
- Engage in internal committees as appropriate and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Create and manage your budget; understand and comply with Vizcaya’s policies and procedures.
This job description is not designed to be comprehensive; duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Position Requirements
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in fundraising or within a non-profit.
Factors Vizcaya Will Consider When Evaluating Applicants and Determining Compensation
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills; comfortable in high-pressure situations.
- Experience working with events strongly preferred.
- Flexibility and comfort with multitasking.
- Demonstrated project and/or event management, and financial management skills.
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and commitment to teambuilding, collaboration, and customer service.
- English fluency. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe PDF.
- Experience working with donors, members, Board of Directors and Event Committees.
- Experience with mail merge is a plus.
- Experience with Altru and Asana preferred.
- Spanish, Haitian Creole and other language skills.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, retirement benefits, and robust medical and other insurance for full-time employees. Salary will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and skills. The anticipated compensation is approximately $48,000 for someone meeting the requirements of the position to approximately $53,000 for someone exceeding them. Work Environment/Physical Demands
The majority of work is done in an office setting, with some portion involving interaction with the public, Board members, donors, members, contractors, and other constituents on and off site. The position involves periodic event, meeting room and refreshments setup and breakdown. Vizcaya is a non-smoking environment. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Schedule
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position. Periodic evening and weekend work is required.