Reporting to the Vice President, Operations the Operations Executive Assistant is responsible for all the clerical and administrative duties of the Operations Department.
• Assists the VP, Operations, Senior Director, Facility Operations, and the Director, Facility Engineering, in all aspects of administrative support for the Operations Department.
• Work with multiple calendars and coordinate complex meetings with executive-level internal and external individuals and groups.
• Prepare expense reports for several members of the Operations’ team.
• Verify and process a high volume of incoming invoices for payment processing.
• Maintain records of Occupancy, TSNDC and capital invoices submitted against their respective budgets.
• Responsible for the submitting accounting requisitions, tracking departmental revenues and expenses and explaining budget variances.
• Bi-monthly reconciliation of Occupancy budgets to General Ledger; quarterly reconciliation of TSNDC and Capital.
• Responsible for monthly accounting records and reports of the Department.
• Prepare bi-monthly report of specific payroll expenses for County reimbursement.
• Prepare monthly report of utilities and supplies usage toward LEED certification.
• Arranges, participates in, and implements, as directed conferences and committees meetings.
• Maintain meeting notifications, Secretary’s approval of Minutes, and meeting packages for TSNDC past meetings.
• Maintain contracts, permits and licenses. Keep a schedule of their current expirations.
• Liaison between other departments, Engineering and Housekeeping for basic maintenance and housekeeping needs.
• Represent the department as required in meetings and/or activities as it relates to the department.
• Performs a variety of assignments related to other departments and other duties as directed.
• Note: This position requires flexibility in scheduling the workday, as this position requires Irregular hours.
- Associates degree (or equivalent) in appropriate field. Additional experience may substitute required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum three years’ experience as an Executive Assistant which have included the organization, coordination and performance of duties at a responsible level.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Exceptional follow-up skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and organizational abilities
- Highly motivated, high-energy level.
- Comfortable with fast-paced executive atmosphere and able to seamlessly change course when necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, priorities and tight deadlines simultaneously while maintaining quality.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office and Office 365.
- Knowledge of project management software, database, and list management tools
- Experience in scheduling, budgeting and fixed asset record keeping software.
- Bi-lingual and multi-cultural familiarity.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 25 pounds of materials.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Operations should be:
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to:
- Detail oriented
- Extremely organized
- Action-oriented; a doer
- Affable, easy to get to know
- Determined and persistent
- Highly energetic
- Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
, with Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Operations search in the title line.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job change. The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented.