COMMUNITY DANCE EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
Hours: Full Time
Employment Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $45k – $50K
The Community Dance Education Programs Manager will be an integral part of driving the benefits of dance with thousands of people each year, reach new audiences, and maintain a solid base of community support throughout Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward counties. Successful candidates will be passionate about MCB’s Community Engagement mission to create community and connections through dance and will be excited to share the benefits of dance with people of all ages and abilities. Learn more about Community Engagement programs here: https://www.miamicityballet.org/community.
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Community Dance Education Programs Manager should have solid program management experience. For example: communicating effectively via phone and email with a variety of people and partners, creating invoices and budgets, working with teaching artists, scheduling, program evaluation, and tracking participation/attendance. The ability to speak and write in Spanish is highly desired. Experience as a dance teaching artist for children of all abilities is required. The Program Manager should have a strong ballet background and dance pedagogy knowledge to both instruct and support a roster of teaching artists. We are looking for someone that thrives in a collaborative environment and is also self-motivated and able to work independently. Personal time management, attention to detail, and being able to handle multiple projects will contribute to success in this role. Excellent communication skills are essential: active listening, asking pertinent questions, providing helpful feedback and updates, checking email regularly, and writing clearly. This person will work within a team that is directly connected to a wide range of people, which will include teaching artists, administrative staff, interns, volunteers, and board members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage programmatic details for school-based residencies, community activations and performances (i.e. Explore Dance STEAM+ In school, after-school, Ballet for Young People, Palm Beach Summer Dance Camp, Community Dance Classes, Activations and Master Classes.
• Main point of contact and cultivator of relationships with cultural anchors across the tri-county.
• Primary supervision and recruitment of teaching artists for Explore Dance, STEAM+, and Palm Beach Summer Dance Camp.
• Interface and foster relationships with school site staff and teachers.
• Ensure trouble shooting and logistical success of all dance education programs.
• Provide pedagogical and classroom management for Teaching Artists in alignment with dance education best practices.
• Oversee training and professional development opportunities for Teaching Artists.
• Contribute to the writing and support of grant proposals for community engagement.
• Track demographic and attendance data for programs.
• Collaborate on planning and coordination of culminating event showings.
• Coordinate costuming for students with production and wardrobe team.
• Create and disseminate program residency correspondence to schools.
• Coordinate scholarship recruitment for Ballet Bus program.
• Collaborate in growth strategy for community programs.
• A strategic, collaborative manager with a belief in, and commitment to, the mission of the MCB;
• Possessing an understanding of the impact of the arts in social justice community work;
• Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and curriculum best practice in community dance education and residency work.
• Able to build trusting relationships with individuals and groups in this diverse community.
• Comfortable meeting multiple demands and interact with the public and staff.
• Self-motivated, high energy, accountable, growth mind set and attentive to detail.