COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT
September 8, 2022 – June 3, 2023 (except when public schools (M-DCPS) are on holiday)
Hours: Part-time: Monday -Friday
1:00p.m. - 6:00p.m (25 hours per week)
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Miami City Ballet is looking for a program assistant to join the “Ballet Bus” program team. Miami City Ballet’s Ballet Bus is a Community Engagement program, which provides dance training to students in school communities within Miami-Dade County schools. The program assistant provides leadership, ensuring safety and direct supervision of children in the Ballet Bus Dance Education program and students of Miami City Ballet School.
Reports to: Community Engagement Programs Manager
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, for students.
• Ensure all students are prepared: groomed, dance attire, bags and snack; support students who may need assistance.
• Establish a relationship of respect and dignity with all the children while honoring the needs of each child.
• Manage respect and adherence to bus, studio and school rules.
• Organize Ballet Bus tool kit at the start of each day.
• Execute accurate attendance procedure, program paperwork; safety and incident reporting protocols.
• Accountable for the safety and behavior expectations of students on the bus, in the lounges, locker rooms & hallways.
• Monitor and recognize positive behavior outcomes.
• Engage professionally and positively with all MCB staff, parents, children and program team.
• Adherence to timely responsiveness to communication written and verbal.
• Student adherence to Miami City Ballet’s COVID-19 safety protocols.