- Bachelor’s degree in Museum Studies, History, Art History or a related field and Conservation or Historic Preservation Master’s degree track.
- Interest in conservation, historic preservation and collections care.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills to ask questions and seek support from colleagues or supervisor, and to interact with the department and visitors.
- Positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, flexibility and commitment to collaboration.
- English fluency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
The salary for this internship is $17/hour. Work Environment/Physical Demands
The majority of work is done in decorated rooms in the Main House, in onsite collection storage areas or outside in the gardens and grounds. Routine periods of sitting, standing and walking are required. Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding, lift up to 50 pounds and sit or stand for extended periods. Vizcaya is a non-smoking environment. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Schedule
This is a part-time temporary internship (24 hours per week), for six consecutive weeks, to be scheduled between June 6 – August 15th
, 2022, for a total maximum of 147 hours. The intern will work during regular office hours; weekly hours are flexible but must coincide with department office hours (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to: HRVizcaya@vizcaya.org
. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and is engaged in a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.
Updated April 15, 2022