The Finance Manager is a dedicated, problem-solving member of MOCA’s team that manages all financial tasks for the organization. Reporting to the Deputy Director, they are responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls and maintaining streamlined financial procedures. The Finance Manager serves as the liaison to the museum’s auditor(s) for all fiscal reports, annual audit and Form 990 and provides support to the Deputy Director’s reporting procedures to the Board of Trustees and the City of North Miami. They are charged with handling these duties with the utmost confidentiality and security.Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage MOCA’s financial and accounting functions and maintain responsibility for all financial processing and reconciliation, reporting, and cash management/disbursement.
- Focus on streamlining financial operations within the museum to affect greater efficiencies that have the potential for a significant impact on the bottom-line.
- Assists in the preparation and review of the museum’s annual Financial Statement.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls across the institution, including training all staff on protocols and procedures.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the museum’s audit firm, including coordination, preparation and collection of audit information.
- Provide weekly financial reports and analyses to the Deputy Director.
- Provide financial reports to other departments as needed, including grant reports and budgets.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintain confidential information pertaining to human resources, development and accounts receivable.
- Supervise the preparation of and guarantee the accuracy of required filings with the state and federal government.
- Process City of North Miami invoices and reimbursement requests in EDEN.
- Manage the organization’s banking relationships and cash position
This is a full-time, salaried position, with a Monday-Friday schedule. Occasional evening work required for special events. A level 2 background check will be required upon offer of employment.Reports to:
- Masters Degree or Certified Public Accountant Certification
- Experience with Financial Edge NXT, EDEN, and Altru
Starts at $60,000 including a competitive benefits package.Applicants:
Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com
with subject FINANCE MANAGER
. No phone calls please.
MOCA maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. The museum hires, trains, promotes, compensates and dismisses employees without regard for race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or political belief that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.ABOUT MOCA Mission
MOCA North Miami presents contemporary art and its historical influences through exhibitions, educational programs, and collections. Inspired by its surrounding communities, MOCA connects diverse audiences and cultures by providing a welcoming place to encounter new ideas and voices, and nurturing a lifelong love of the arts.Vision
MOCA aspires to be a welcoming center at the heart of North Miami where art and art experiences flow in and out of the building — activating parks, schools, homes, and civic spaces; and connecting local and global conversations about art.
MOCA will tap into the cultural energy of the region to bring new art and perspectives to the public, building on North Miami’s legacy as a cultural destination. Visitors and the community can expect thought-provoking exhibitions that feature underexplored art and artists, and lift up diverse voices and stories.
MOCA will become known and respected locally and nationally for its innovative curatorial approach and research-driven exhibitions that are supported by educational programs for all ages. As a meeting place for cultural expressions and exchanges, MOCA will become a center for cross-cultural understanding and inclusion, connecting diverse communities through the arts.