- At least 7 years of experience as a curator, collections manager or related position in a museum, including at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
Factors to Be Considered When Evaluating Applicants and Determining Compensation
- Master’s degree in art history, museum studies or a related field.
- Deep and current knowledge of research, curatorial, interpretation, collections management and conservation theories and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, teambuilding, communications, project management and financial management skills.
- Commitment to collaboration, customer service, excellence, strategy and innovation.
- English fluency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Additional relevant work experience and education.
- Proficiency with relevant legal standards, ethics and technical matters.
- Proficiency with collections management systems.
- Commitment to and experience in advancing equity, inclusion and environmental sustainability.
- Professional research, publications and presentations.
- Spanish language skills.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, retirement benefits, and robust medical and other insurance for full-time employees. Salary will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and skills. The anticipated compensation is approximately $110,000 for someone meeting the requirements of the position to approximately $125,000 for someone exceeding them.Work Environment/Physical Demands
The majority of work is done in an office setting, with some portion involving interaction with the public, donors, contractors and other constituents on and off site. The position regularly involves walking, including climbing stairs, in the museum galleries and the gardens, and includes trips to offsite storage facilities, which may include climbing ladders and some lifting. Vizcaya is a non-smoking environment. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Schedule
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position. Periodic evening and weekend work is required. To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to: HRVizcaya@vizcaya.org
. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and is engaged in a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.
Updated November 18, 2021