- At least 7 years of engagement work experience in a museum, public garden or related cultural organization, including at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree or post-graduate certificate in museum education, museum studies, humanities or a related field.
- Deep and current knowledge of interpretation in museums, formal and informal learning, engagement, evaluation and assessment theories and practices.
Factors to Be Considered When Evaluating Applicants and Determining Compensation
- Demonstrated leadership, teambuilding, communications, project management and financial management skills.
- Commitment to collaboration, customer service, excellence, strategy and innovation.
- English fluency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Additional relevant work experience and education.
- Commitment to and experience in advancing equity, inclusion and environmental sustainability.
- Experience with Constituent Record Management systems, ticketing and scheduling systems.
- Professional research, publications and presentations.
- Spanish language skills.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, retirement benefits, and robust medical and other insurance for full-time employees. Salary will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and skills. The anticipated compensation is approximately $97,000 for someone meeting the requirements of the position to approximately $108,000 for someone exceeding them.Work Environment/Physical Demands
The majority of work is done in an office setting, with some portion involving interaction with the public, community members, partner organizations, donors and other constituents on and off site. Vizcaya is a non-smoking environment. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Schedule
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position. Periodic evening and weekend work is required. To ApplyPlease submit a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to: HRVizcaya@vizcaya.org. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your em
ail. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and is engaged in a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.
Updated November 18, 2021