The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience:
- At least seven (7) years’ experience as a Head Carpenter with a large major national touring company, orchestra, or multi-venue performing arts organization.
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings of ground plans, sections, and hang plots.
- Working knowledge of scenic construction techniques, welding, pneumatics, hydraulics, motion control, and rigging.
- Have demonstrated strong ability to lead, mentor, negotiate, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
- Ability to analyze production schedules to utilize personnel best.
- Experienced in coordinating the efforts of and managing others.
- Ability to relay information and assignments in a concise, efficient manner.
- Knowledge of all theatrical equipment, sound, lighting, stage, etc.
- Must be able to work a schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of drafting software.
- ETCP certification is ideal.
The Head Carpenter, Ziff Ballet Opera House should be:
- A strong leader
- Able to work well with a variety of personalities
- Determined and persistent
- Highly energetic
- Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with Head Carpenter, Ziff Ballet Opera House search in the title line.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- Frequently lifting up to 75 pounds, climbing and working from a ladder and high reach personal lifts is requirement of this position.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
- Ability to stay alert and focused during long periods of inactivity.
- Ability to work in low light situations.
- Must be comfortable working at height.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job change. The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented.