The Operations Coordinator is a dynamic professional, responsible for the optimum operation of his/her assigned area of responsibility and who is knowledgeable in facility operations, theater management, project management, and safety.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Operations Coordinator supports the development and implementation of operational initiatives as they pertain to both the Arsht Center’s role as a public cultural venue and a cooperative working environment. The nature of the industry and institution requires the employee to work a flexible schedule, often calling for availability on nights and weekends.
As a member of the Operations department, this position shares responsibility for both the audience experience as it relates to amenities such as concessions, on-site restaurants, parking, and security, as well as the daily administrative and logistical responsibilities of maintaining a high performing, collaborative workplace. As with all leaders in the Operations division, this position is expected to take ownership of the “big picture” and get involved, as needed, to insure the best possible experience for guests and colleagues.
Must be an exceptionally strong communicator and leader of people; capable of dealing with a wide variety of people from very different backgrounds. The Operations Coordinator is a team player who adheres to departmental core values and consistently demonstrates professional behavior. Must be comfortable working independently; have strong communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude. Responsibilities:
- Perform resource planning and coordination within the Operations line of business.
- Manage and monitor interdepartmental projects pertaining to the operation of the Center.
- Monitor progress of recurrent projects and/or operations, with focus on those involving Center contractors (parking, security, food & beverage) and 3rd party vendors (project-based).
- Develop project plans, schedules and resource allocation for select projects as assigned.
- Execute administrative duties to support the Senior Director, Operations.
- Process invoices, month-end process activities and reports.
- Coordinate efforts for maintaining an organized and efficient work environment and manage building resources including individual workspaces and storage.
- Attend and observe select performances and events with attention to operational standards and efficiencies.
- Assist with the request and bid process for 3rd party vendor service contracts.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of operational and emergency management policies and procedures.
- Assist with the submission and management of documents related to the Center’s risk mitigation process.
- Facilitate monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Serve as a proxy for the Senior Director, Operations in select meetings and situations as communicated/agreed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities necessary for the operation as appropriate or required.