MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION:
- High School diploma (minimum requirement); higher level of education preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Customer service experience in a high-volume environment
- Must be friendly and possess strong interpersonal skills to deal tactfully and effectively with guests
- Must embrace the multicultural differences of our staff and guests
- Must be able to multitask and handle stressful situations in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in multiple languages is desirable
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player who can work under minimal supervision
- Must show flexibility when asked to perform other tasks as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear Daily tasks require variety of physical activities, related to walking, standing, stooping, sitting, and reaching.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds on select occasions. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, move quickly from space to space to assist guests. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those as employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The working environment is both the interior and exterior spaces of the museum. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in elements such as sun, rain, heat, wind, etc. Exposure to outdoor activities is often requested.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
Please apply: https://www.frostscience.org/careers/