- A proven record of accomplishment spanning 5-7 years.
- 5-7 years of experience in arts administration/performing arts (minimum of 3 years leading in this sector)
- Depth of knowledge in and about the performing arts (preferably theatre)
- Passionate producer or arts educator with strong belief in the power the arts have to create and build equitable communities and enrich lives.
- Experience working with diverse communities, diverse artists and relationship-building.
- High verbal/speaking and writing skills (communication is key)
- In depth experience in producing production-specific community initiatives (from live main-stage performances to panels, lectures, master classes and workshops).
- Uses artistic practice as a means of community formation and engagement.
- Idea generator, creative, thinks outside the box.
- Experience creating/developing evaluation rubrics, surveys, analytics, and reports that tell the story and success of Community Engagement programs to the community, stake holders and donors.
- Experience working with development, communications, and marketing departments to move the mission and profile of Community Engagement programs forward.
- A good listener and sensitive to the needs of various communities.
- Bachelor’s in the performing arts (any field) required, theater preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole.
- Specific experience in marketing sound community programs at large to Community organizations and the general public.
- Knowledge of Miami-Dade County arts and culture and government organizations and political savvy as to how the center relates to these entities and the needs of the greater community.
- Understanding of institutional development efforts and the ability to assist in the writing of effective grant proposals.
- Understanding of the role of the Adrienne Arsht Center as it relates to South Florida and the State.
- Understanding of how to function effectively in a multi-ethnic work environment and community.
- Understanding of collaborative, team-oriented leadership style.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and to establish priorities
The Director of Community Engagement should be:
- A strategic, big-picture thinker with a belief in and commitment to the mission of the Adrienne Arsht Center and the performing arts; who by example and with integrity, tact and diplomacy sets and meets high standards of expectation and excellence introspectively and with others;
- Resolute yet diplomatic; firm yet respectful of other’s concerns; flexible and creative in finding alternative solutions to challenges;
- Skilled at listening; charismatic at communication with the ability to build trusting relationships with individuals and groups in this diverse community;
- Self-motivated, high energy, imaginative leader who pays a great deal of attention to detail;
- A coach and mentor dedicated to sharing success.
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
, with Director of Community Engagement search in the title line.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job change. The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented.