Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark and accredited museum in Miami, Florida (www.vizcaya.org). The Procurement and Budget Administrator is responsible for managing and coordinating all phases of the organization’s procurement program, for supporting budget development and variance analysis, and for other administrative support in the Business Office. The Procurement and Budget Administrator works closely with colleagues to seek maximum value in the purchase of goods and services and to improve the efficiency of procurement and budgeting operations. This position reports to the Controller and does not have supervisory responsibility.
The Vizcaya estate is owned by Miami-Dade County and is operated by the non-profit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Trust, Inc. Our mission is to preserve Vizcaya’s cultural and environmental resources to engage people in connecting with the past, understanding the present and shaping the future. Our vision is to position Vizcaya as an enduring, inclusive and innovative place that inspires people to embrace the cultural vitality and environmental sustainability of the world around us. Essential Functions
- Manages and coordinates all phases of museum procurement activities for goods and services—including architecture/engineering and construction services—encompassing specification development, vendor research and management, outreach to small business agencies, advertisement and solicitation of proposals, response to vendor requests for information, oversight of selection and negotiation processes and execution of purchase orders and contracts.
- Researches and provides recommendations on procurement best practices, provides guidance and training to other staff and ensures procurement policies and procedures are followed.
- Reviews, analyzes and negotiates proposed contracts, professional service agreements and leases.
- Coordinates procurement and other administrative functions related to hurricane preparation or recovery with Miami-Dade County, FEMA and other outside agencies.
- Works with Controller to coordinate development and monitoring of operating and capital budgets.
- Maintains vendor database in accounting system.
- Produces 1099 reports annually.
- Provides backup support as necessary for the Controller and Accounting Manager.
- Participates in one or more internal committees as deemed appropriate.
This job description is not designed to be comprehensive; duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Compensation
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, and robust medical and other insurance benefits for full-time employees. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and we are at the beginning of a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.