Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark and accredited museum in Miami, Florida (www.vizcaya.org). The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of accounts receivable and payable, for preparing financial reports, managing banking and credit card operations, ensuring compliance with tax requirements, and supporting month- and year-end closing activities and the annual audit. A key member of the accounting team, this position also participates in a host of other support functions in the Business Office. The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and supervises a Junior Accountant, the Payroll and Benefit Administrator and other staff as needed.
Vizcaya is owned by Miami-Dade County and is operated by the non-profit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Trust, Inc. 2017. Our mission is to preserve the estate’s cultural and environmental resources to engage people in connecting with the past, understanding the present and shaping the future. Our vision is to position Vizcaya as an enduring, inclusive and innovative place that inspires people to embrace the cultural vitality and environmental sustainability of the world around us. Essential Functions
- Supervises all phases of revenue collection from various sources; reconciles revenue from point of sale system and other departments; prepares, verifies and records daily deposits; tracks accounts receivable to ensure timely cash flow.
- Supervises all phases of account payable functions, including oversight of subordinate staff; reviews invoices for adherence to policies and controls; enters expenses into the accounting system, and prepares and produces check runs as necessary.
- Prepares daily financial activity reports; works with Advancement Department to accurately report on all restricted funds; assists with the preparation of other financial/budget reports as needed.
- Reconciles bank and credit card statements; maintains credit card and petty cash accounts.
- Assists the Controller in tracking and maintaining insurance policies.
- Processes Florida sales tax returns on a monthly basis.
- Prepares journal entries, analyzes and reconciles G/L accounts in preparation for month-end closings; assists with year-end closings and prepares depreciation schedules and all required worksheets for yearly audit.
- Performs other financial or administrative tasks, including back up, as may be required.
This job description is not designed to be comprehensive; duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Compensation
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens offers competitive compensation with generous paid leave, and robust medical and other insurance benefits for full-time employees. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is committed to equity and inclusion and we are at the beginning of a strategic process to ensure that our staff, Board and volunteers reflect our community’s diversity. Vizcaya welcomes applicants from groups that are underrepresented in cultural organizations and seeks to recruit, develop and retain a diverse workforce.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an equal opportunity employer. Vizcaya respects people of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, familial status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics protected by law.