The Chopin Foundation of the United States
was established in 1977. Its twofold mission is to assist young, talented American pianists develop their careers as international concert artists; and to make classical music, especially the music of Frederic Chopin, accessible to everyone.
The Chopin Foundation is seeking an Administration/Marketing Manager
. We are searching for an experienced and dynamic candidate with exceptional coordination skills and ability to multi-task. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating all operational facets of the Chopin Foundation’s signature programs and events. This position requires a person who is self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and dedicated to the Foundation’s mission.
The candidate for this full-time position assumes responsibility for all day-to-day office duties and participates in all activities of the Chopin Foundation, including but not limited to: Chopin For All free concert series, Chopin Salons, and collaborative events
- including contacting artists and partners, making travel and lodging arrangements, preparing programs and overseeing printing, distribution, publicity, and other necessary activities. Coordinating logistics with the venues, securing pianos, arrange rehearsal schedules, and all other related preparations. Attendance at all events is required. Semi-annual Polonaise magazine
– assist with gathering materials and coordinating the production, editing, design, printing and distribution/mailing of the magazine. Annual Scholarship Program for Young Pianists
– expedite the application review process, meet deadlines, assist the Scholarship Committee, and coordinate all activities from promoting the program to arranging the mailing of scholarship checks. Bookkeeping
– Work with executive director and accountant to coordinate accounts receivable and payable. Administration/office management
- Maintain/update filing systems (physical and computer); update and manage data base, and other administrative duties such as telephones, filing, and correspondence. Marketing
– Work with executive director to update website and schedule social media posts and weekly email newsletters. Elevate events and programs with promotional plans including digital marketing, advertising and outreach. National Chopin Piano Competition
(to be held next in 2025) – coordinate all public outreach, advertising and promotion. Coordinate logistics with applicants, contestants, jurors, and all parties involved in the production of the Competition. Assists the Competition Director in all activities related to holding the event, including presence at the venue. Assistant to the Foundation’s President, Executive Director and the Board of Directors
in all Chopin Foundation activities not specified above, during office hours and/or after hours, if needed.Desired Skills:
- Organized and detail-oriented with skills to handle all tasks associated with planning events and programs – both in person and virtually.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including Foundation members, music enthusiasts, sponsors, vendors, venues, and artists.
- Strong written and communication skills. Expertise to communicate effectively with creatives, sponsors, volunteers and others.
- Strategic and creative thinker with innovative vision and affinity for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Marketing and outreach skills to promote events and programs.
- Expertise in email marketing strategies, and analysis with Constant Contact (preferred).
- Proficiency in developing registration for various types of events and programs
- Competency in using office software including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites
- Highly motivated, self-starter with self-discipline and capacity to work independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant office experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in the arts, non-profits, or related field
The above list of the essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. The Chopin Foundation reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.