EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one (1) years’ security officer experience required. Military or law enforcement background preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests, management, and staff.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
State of Florida (Class D) Security License Training Certificate/Card. CPR certification and first-aid training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires mobility. Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and kneeling. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed both indoors and in outdoor settings and in all areas of the Museum. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality is required.
- Level 2 background clearance as defined by Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Drug screening as part of the Drug Free Workplace Program.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
Apply here: https://www.frostscience.org/careers/