18 N Krome Ave
Homestead, FL, United States
Homestead, FL, United States
To provide professional and courteous front-of-house operations at the Seminole Theatre and ensure the safety and
comfort of all patrons and artist. Maintain a positive image for the Seminole Theatre.
Reports To: MOD
Performance Day Responsibilities
1. Unlock doors and turn on lobby and foyer lights prior to performances. Complete pre-show venue safety walk-thru.
2. Check public areas, including restrooms, lobbies, theatre, foyer, and front of building and take care of any appearance and /or safety issues.
3. Supervise volunteer ushers. Explain procedures for emergency situations, seating, holds, and concessions sales. Explain patron services and policies.
4. Oversee stuffing and distribution of programs as required.
5. Resolve seating issues, coordinating between patrons and box office.
6. Seat latecomers and patrons returning to their seats during the performance, using a flashlight and observing hold policies.
7. Remain in lobby or theatre throughout the performance. Be posted in a prominent location at intermission and following performance to handle patron inquiries.
8. Coordinate start and resumption of performance after intermission with Production/Stage Manager
9. Manage food and drink policy for the Seminole Theatre
10. After the performance ensure that the house is checked for litter and personal belongings. Return found items to Lost and Found in House Manager Office.
11. After performances check that the audience has cleared the house, building is cleared, stage is secure, turn off lights in public areas, lock all doors, and set alarm
12. Complete House Manager report and email
13. Other duties as assigned
1. Follow emergency procedures, handle all emergency situations affecting patrons and the building while on duty. Such situations may include emergency evacuation of the building in the event of fire, bomb threat, power
outage or other emergency in which patron and artist safety is at risk. Notify emergency authorities and Seminole Theatre Management as required.
2. Explain emergency procedures and exit patterns to volunteer ushers prior to each performance
3. Complete accident and incident report forms for all accidents and incidents whether or not an injury was sustained. Submit to Seminole Theatre Management
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
Available for morning, evening, and night shifts as required during the week and weekends
Ability to climb stairs
Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Comfortable standing for extended periods of time
Moderate computer skills
Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
Experience working in a customer service environment a plus but not required.
Bi-lingual a plus
Ability to consistently display a positive, friendly, and energetic attitude and appearance
Must be available weekends, holidays, and evenings
Good verbal and written communication skills