- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years of administrative/clerical work, preferably in support of senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Maturity and discretion.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Capable of working collaboratively and inclusively with all constituent groups of museum staff, Trustees, and visitors.
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability.
- Able to provide support to a variety of projects, with the ability to adapt to changing priorities with ease, problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual in English and Haitian Creole and/or Spanish.
- Experience with Altru or another similar CRM/database.
This is a full-time, salaried position requiring some early morning, late evening and weekend hours as necessary. This position may require the ability to remain standing for several hours during special events, as well as the occasional need to lift 25 pounds or less. A level 2 background check will be required upon the offer of employment. Reports to:
Competitive and commensurate with experience, including an excellent benefits package.Applicants:
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com
with subject ASSISTANT TO THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR. No phone calls please.
MOCA maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. The museum hires, trains, promotes, compensates and dismisses employees without regard for race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or political belief that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.