Camp Administrator Responsibilities
• Assist in the coordination of all aspects of AileyCamp relating to the physical set-up of the AileyCamp Miami site under the guidance of Arsht Center staff
• Assist in coordination of sending correspondence to potential campers, their parents, staff and donors
• Assist in the coordination of all aspects of camp field trips including transportation
• Assist in the coordination of bus transportation of campers to and from camp
• Assist in the coordination of breakfast, lunch and snacks for students
• Coordinate performances and workshops by guest artists
• Coordinate the distribution of camp uniforms
• Begin AileyCamp Miami part-time hours starting March 2, 2020 at the Arsht Center (at least 25 hours per week)
• Begin AileyCamp Miami full-time for pre-camp preparations the week of Monday, June 15, 2020.
• Attend all camp days Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm
• Supervision of Administrative Assistant, interns and volunteers
• Report individual campers’ counseling needs to Guidance staff
• Support faculty members as needed in the creation of the end-of-camp performance materials and costumes
• Participate in all rehearsal, preparation and day-of final performance activities as needed to support artistic staff
• Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings (3:30 – 4:30pm) and individual meetings as needed
• Dress in the AileyCamp Miami staff uniform and in a neat and clean manner ensuring clothing and/or costumes do not contain inappropriate references for children (alcohol, drugs, profanity, etc.)
• Coordinate the mandatory Parent Orientation for incoming campers
• Assist in conducting a mandatory staff orientation under the guidance of the AileyCamp Miami Director
• Assist with compiling AileyCamp Miami statistical data at the end of camp
• Voluntarily participate in the background checks required for employment including but not limited to federal and sex offender checks and finger printing
• Other duties as necessary to insure the safe and efficient operation of AileyCamp Miami
• Must be an organized and detail-oriented individual that can monitor work performed by staff and interns so that it is completed on time and within budget and meets Arsht Center standards of excellence.
• Prioritize and attention to detail.
• Effective oral communicators, being able to interact with many different individuals in person or over the phone in a professional manner.
• Must possess strong written communication skills.
• Proficiency in all Windows Office programs- including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• Prior knowledge and or experience of working in camp settings preferred.
• Bilingual in English, Spanish or Creole preferred.
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Camp Administrator – AileyCamp Miami search in the title line.
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a group of diverse individuals represented both onstage and off.