Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark and accredited museum. The estate is owned by Miami-Dade County and has been operated by the non-profit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Trust, Inc. since 2017. Our mission is to preserve Vizcaya’s cultural and environmental resources to engage people in connecting with the past, understanding the present and shaping the future. We are positioning Vizcaya as an enduring, inclusive and innovative place that inspires people to embrace the cultural vitality and environmental sustainability of the world around us. COMMUNITY PROGRAMS FACILITATOR
This position supports community and family programs at Vizcaya. This position is an opportunity to advance Vizcaya’s role as a community hub through direct support of immersive, vibrant, participatory experiences. The Learning Program Facilitator supports the planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of community programs under supervision of the Community Programs Manager. The ideal candidate has experience with informal education or event planning, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Ideal candidates are capable of working independently and in team settings and can manage several deadline-oriented projects simultaneously. Additionally, the ideal candidate works and communicates well with the public, including but not limited to adults and school-age children, and values working in highly diverse and inclusive environments.Salary and Benefits$15 hourlyPaid LeaveEmployer contribution to retirement plan$40 bi-weekly pay supplement to cover health and welfare expensesFree membership to American Alliance of Museums (AAM) Essential Functions
RequirementsEducation and Experience
- Conduct research or gather information regarding program topics, activities or potential partners.
- Source and purchase supplies and materials for programs and maintain a current inventory of program supplies.
- Provide customer service and service recovery to program attendees before, during and after community programs, including throughout the ticketing process.
- Prepare program logistics templates and assist with setup and breakdown of materials and equipment before and after programs.
- Monitor and implement specific program logistics on the day of programs.
- Assist with attendee registration, arrival and welcoming.
- Facilitate learning activities during programs.
- Cooperate with museum staff and volunteers to implement programs.
- Respond to the needs of diverse program attendees during community programs through effective and professional communication.
- Implement evaluation activities during programs. Organize, manage and report program data, including evaluation data.
- Diploma or G.E.D. (candidates must be 18 years or older)
- Experience facilitating informal education programs or event planning coordination.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Fluent in English; Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills as well as demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success working independently and with others.
- A professional presence demonstrating flexibility and patience while upholding institutional policies and procedures.
Program support takes place indoors and outdoors through all seasons of the year. Program support requires the ability to negotiate various terrain including stairs indoors and outdoors, and walk/stand or be mobile for at least 90 minutes in various weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires an average of 25 hours per week including programs that require evening and weekend hours. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.