Facility Rental Programs AdministratorClassification
: ExemptReports to:
The position of Facility Rental Programs Administrator serves as assistant Events Director, and supports day to day management of the Facility Rental Program and Commercial Photo Permitting. This position tracks and projects event revenue budget and coordinates and assists with special projects.Supervisory Responsibilities
May supervise part-time or staff or interns as needed.Essential Functions
- Provides overall support to the Events Director
- Works alongside Events Director to coordinate events, including conducting site visits with patrons and vendors, confirming events in master calendar and working with contracted vendors.
- Prepares and sends proposals and contracts to clients. Communicates on an ongoing basis with clients to ensure event details or changes are noted in the contract.
- Processes payments from clients, collects deposits, and sends balance due notices, following up as necessary.
- Processes data entry, including entering client information into the Altru database, and prepare various reports.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and projections.
- Reports and keeps records of revenue for budget tracking and forecasting purposes.
- Reviews paperwork to ensure that it is complete and processes refunds as necessary. Also, works closely with the Business Office to close out accounts for completed events.
- Collects insurance certificates, permits, and other materials from contracted vendors.
- Maintains an organized history (hard copy and electronic version) of all correspondence, documents, emails, payments, etc.
- Manages Commercial Photo Permitting
- Responds to inquiries in a timely manner via phone or email.
- Works with other departments such as Security, Maintenance, Learning, etc., to ensure that all rules and regulations pertaining to scheduled programming are followed by patrons and vendors.
Competency or position requirements
- Communicates with vendors to arrange set up and break down logistics of services necessary for events ensuring that there are no conflicts with other internal or external programs at the museum.
- Supports special projects as assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and successfully meet deadlines. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact well with other departments, contractors and clients.Work Environment/Physical Demands
Office environment; largely a sedentary role, sitting most of the day in front of the computer, except for when assisting with events (outdoors) or other miscellaneous tasks. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with some evenings and weekend workJOB REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION)Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related field, and a minimum of 3 years of experience working in events management or related field, with knowledge in financial reporting. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience using databases. Knowledge of Adobe, and events management preferred.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibly and activities may change at any time with or without notice.