Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
3251 South Miami Ave
Miami, CO, United States
Learning Programs Facilitator
Miami, FL, United States
$15.00 per hour
~~Learning Programs Facilitator
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a National Historic Landmark that preserves the Miami estate of agricultural industrialist James Deering to engage our community and its visitors in learning through the arts, history, and the environment. Vizcaya Museum and Gardens seeks Learning Programs Facilitators to conduct guided experiences (with a focus on school students) and facilitate learning programs for a variety of museum audiences. Programs are designed to empower visitors to make personal and meaningful connections with Vizcaya.
In addition, Learning Programs Facilitators support visitor operations, including select ticket booth operations and require a proactive attitude, excellent problem solving and time management skills as well as the ability to work independently and in a team.
Learning Program Facilitators work on a team supervised by the Adult Learning and Engagement Manager. Candidates must be available 5 days per week (including weekends and holidays) for 5 hours per day between 9:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. or between Noon and 5:00 p.m., and evenings as needed.
Learning Programs Facilitators are retained at $15/hour.
• Conduct discussion-based group tours for general public and for school students in grades 4 through 12 inside the Main House and outdoors in the gardens including set-up and breakdown of materials for on-site school tours.
• Assist with logistics (including set up and breakdown) and facilitation of select community programs with direction from the Community Programs Manager.
• Supervise group management from arrival to departure.
• Cooperate with museum staff to support the administration of the group tour reservation and confirmation process as needed and assigned.
• Maintain inventory of school tour materials and resources.
• Maintain inventory of iPad fleet and participate in general technology fleet management.
• Participate in developing content for tours, school programs, community programs and learning technologies.
• Lead orientation for group visits.
• Support visitor studies with general visitors or program participants as needed.
• Work with museum staff, volunteers, and fellow Learning Programs Facilitators to respond to the questions, opinions and issues of diverse visitors.
• Perform additional tasks relative to Learning Division needs and visitor operations as assigned.
• Attend and participate in professional development trainings related to job duties.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Fluent in English; Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• A professional presence demonstrating flexibility and patience while upholding institutional policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, neat appearance, adhering to the museum's uniform policy and/or guidelines.
• Ability to negotiate various terrain including stairs indoors and outdoors, and walk/stand or be mobile for at least 90 minutes in various weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Commitment to an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment for visitors, volunteers, and employees of diverse backgrounds and needs to support the museum’s core values.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to
DEADLINE: Open until filled
Positions require a standard background check and interview with the Adult Learning and Engagement Manager and additional Learning Division staff members. Foreign nationals who are not American citizens or lawful permanent residents of the US need a work visa, as well as a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), in order to work in the USA.
For more information about Vizcaya: www.vizcaya.org
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.