• Support Vice-President of Advancement and Major Gifts Officer in all fundraising and team building initiatives;
• Responsible for Annual Campaign and Membership monthly and yearly fundraising goals;
• Participate and share in prospecting meeting and strategy;
• Performs related and other duties as assigned by the Major Gifts Officer.
Note: This position requires flexibility in scheduling the workday, as this position requires irregular hours.
The Advancement Services and Membership Assistant should be:
• Detail oriented
• Action-oriented; a doer
• Affable, easy to get to know
• Determined and persistent
• Highly energetic
• Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
• College graduate with professional experience in fundraising and marketing
• Demonstrated interest in the arts and culture preferred.
• Enthusiastic, creative, flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively.
• 3+ years’ experience in a non-profit fundraising capacity preferred.
• Independent worker that is creative, resourceful, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• Two years of experience with organization, coordination and performance of duties at a responsible level.
• Must be adept at problem-solving with the ability to multi-task, establish priorities and react when those priorities are shift.
• Knowledge of Tessitura and database functions a plus.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
• Experience in a performing arts organization, museum, university, or other cultural organization.
• Familiarity with the South Florida arts community.
• Experience working in a large, complex organization and general venue operations knowledge.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
• The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to:
Email: email@example.com with Advancement Services and Membership Manager search in the title line.
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented both onstage and off.