SUMMARY: The Presentation Specialist will work under the supervision of the Guest Experience team to deliver educational and engaging live science performances across the museum. Live science performances may include live shows in the Planetarium or in one of the exhibit galleries and may be related to many fields of science, including health and wellness, astronomy, physics, and biology. The Presentation Specialist regularly performs for large public audiences.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Hourly/Part-Time
HOW TO APPLY: Visit http://www.frostscience.org/careers/
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ON WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deepens participation of guests by delivering dynamic live science shows related to Museum exhibitions and Planetarium, including theater-style shows, interactive experiments, demos, participatory games, quiz shows, etc.
- Performs interactive science demonstrations and theatre-style programs 4-8 hours per day. This includes set up and take down of materials, sets, props, and seating; gathering audiences; and conducting post performance discussions as needed.
- Supports Guest Experience staff with daily operational procedures, assisting guests with wayfinding directions and safety instructions. Will be assigned to non-show/non-demo duties as needed.
- Adheres to daily show schedules and other rotational tasks as assigned.
- Works with other staff, interns and volunteers to perform shows and demonstrations.
- Provides feedback for live science shows from guests and other staff on a periodic basis to ensure show quality and improve audience satisfaction.
- Aids with the management and troubleshooting of all equipment necessary for supporting live performances. Reports technical problems to IT staff.
- Maintains excellent customer service by maintaining a positive and friendly attitude and through guest interactions by answering questions related to exhibit content, show times, directions, and other general information.
- The Presentation Specialist is required to work a flexible and varying schedule that will include weekends, holidays and non-traditional hours (this may include 2-3 evenings per month for special events and programming).
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.