Miami City Ballet School is seeking college students or young professionals, age 20 or older, to work as chaperones at the MCB Summer Intensive. A background in dance or other arts is desirable but not required. Previous experience as a chaperone with students ages 12- 19 is strongly preferred. We are also looking for at least one chaperone with a nursing background. Work Dates
: Saturday, June 17 through Saturday, July 22.
Reports to: School Programs and International Relations Manager
- Collaborate with fellow chaperones to supervise MCB Summer Intensive students for the duration of the program at the dormitories, throughout the day at the studios, and during scheduled excursions and outings.
- Ensure that students follow schedules and maintain punctuality.
- Assist with lunch distribution and lunch room monitoring.
- Manage dorm check-in and check-out.
- Report misconduct, illness and absences to School Programs Manager.
- Accompany ill or injured students to Urgent Care.
- Maintain contact and medical information for each student.
- Enforce safety at all times and implement all Miami City Ballet School policies and procedures.
- Work creatively to provide a positive and entertaining experience for students.